Medical Definition of Acaridae
: a large and widely distributed family of mites that feed on organic substances (as preserved meats, hides, seeds, and grains) and are sometimes responsible for dermatitis in persons exposed to repeated contacts with infested products — see grocer's itch
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?