Medical Definition of grocer's itch
: an itching dermatitis that results from prolonged contact with some mites especially of the family Acaridae, their products, or materials (as feeds) infested with them
— called also baker's itch— compare grain itch
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?