Medical Definition of ANCA
antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody ANCA-associated vasculitis … he recommended that her blood be tested for anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmic antibodies—ANCA for short. Introduced in the mid-to late 1980s, the test for the presence of such antibodies produced by the immune system has given doctors an early means of diagnosing Wegener's.— Roger Schlueter, The Belleville (Illinois) News-Democrat, 16 Oct. 2001
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?