Medical Definition of ANCA
antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody ANCA-associated vasculitis … he recommended that her blood be tested for anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmic antibodies—ANCA for short. Introduced in the mid-to late 1980s, the test for the presence of such antibodies produced by the immune system has given doctors an early means of diagnosing Wegener's.— Roger Schlueter, The Belleville (Illinois) News-Democrat, 16 Oct. 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game