sub·mis·si·ble | \ səb-ˈmi-sə-bəl\
Legal Definition of submissible
: sufficient for submission to a trier of fact : capable of being submitted for decision the claimant has the burden of proving a submissible case — Manor Square, Inc. v. Heartthrob of Kansas City, Inc., 854 S.W.2d 38 (1993)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game