Legal Definition of stipulator
1 : one that stipulates
2 in the civil law of Louisiana : the promisee in a stipulation pour autrui who bargains for and receives the promise that benefits the third-party beneficiary
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game