Legal Definition of stated value
: the value assigned in a corporation's books to stock and especially to no-par value stock
Note: Stated value is sometimes based on the actual amount received when stock is issued, but it can also be an arbitrarily low value. It has no relation to the market value of the stock.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?