self-prov·ing | \ ˈself-ˈprü-viŋ\
Legal Definition of self-proving
1 : containing proof of its own validity a self-proving will
2 : providing or being the evidence that renders something self-proving especially : being an affidavit signed by the witnesses to a will attesting to the will's validity
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game