self-prov·ing | \ ˈself-ˈprü-viŋ\
Legal Definition of self-proving
1 : containing proof of its own validity a self-proving will
2 : providing or being the evidence that renders something self-proving especially : being an affidavit signed by the witnesses to a will attesting to the will's validity
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game