Legal Definition of secondary picketing
: the picketing of an employer who conducts business with an employer with whom a union has a dispute
Note: Secondary picketing that is not for the purpose of informing the public of the dispute violates the Labor Management Relations (Taft-Hartley) Act.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game