prior consistent statementnoun
Legal Definition of prior consistent statement
Note: A prior consistent statement may be offered as evidence to rebut a charge that a witness's testimony is fabricated, provided that the witness is available to be cross-examined. Under Federal Rule of Evidence 801(d)(1), a prior consistent statement of a witness testifying at trial and subject to cross-examination is not hearsay.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game