Legal Definition of out-of-court
1 : not made under oath or affirmation as part of a judicial proceeding (as a trial or deposition) an out-of-court statement
2 : not made or done as part of a judicial proceeding an out-of-court settlement
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?