malum pro·hib·i·tum | \ -prō-ˈhi-bə-təm\
plural mala prohibita\ -ˈhi-bə-tə \
Legal Definition of malum prohibitum
: an offense prohibited by statute but not inherently evil or wrong is malum prohibitum and, therefore, does not demand mens rea — Commonwealth v. Guthrie, 616 A.2d 1019 (1992) —often used with a preceding noun (as crime or act) acts malum prohibitum — compare malum in se
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game