Legal Definition of legislative rule
: a rule adopted by a government agency in accordance with the notice and comment requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act that has the force of law and imposes new duties on the regulated parties
— called also substantive rule— compare interpretive rule
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?