Legal Definition of interpretive rule
— called also interpretative rule— compare legislative rule
Note: An interpretive rule does not have to meet the requirements set out in the Administrative Procedure Act for notice to the public and opportunity for comment that apply to legislative rules. An interpretive rule does not have the force of law.
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game