Legal Definition of informal rulemaking
— called also notice-and-comment rulemaking— compare formal rulemaking
Note: Section 553 requires that prior to the promulgation of a proposed rule notice of the rule or of the issues involved must be published in the Federal Register, followed by a period during which interested persons may submit data, views, comments, or arguments.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game