im·plied | \ im-ˈplīd\
Legal Definition of implied
: not directly or specifically made known (as in the terms of a contract) specifically : recognized (as by a court) as existing by reason of an inference and especially on legal or equitable grounds for breach of implied covenants in oil and gas leases — National Law Journal — compare express
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game