hy·poth·e·cary | \ hi-ˈpä-thə-ˌker-ē, hī-\
Legal Definition of hypothecary
in the civil law of Louisiana : of or relating to an obligation, right, or security in property of a debtor given to a creditor by contract or by operation of law without transfer of possession or title to the creditor
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game