Legal Definition of homestead exemption
Note: The laws governing the homestead exemption vary greatly from state to state. Most states have limits on the amount for which a debtor is exempted, but a few have no limits at all. Others have limits that are dependent on the size of the property, the type of property, or the age of the property owner.
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game