Legal Definition of high-low agreement
: a settlement that is contingent on a jury's award of damages and that sets a minimum amount that the defendant will pay the plaintiff if the award is below that amount and a maximum amount that the defendant will pay if the award is above that amount
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game