Legal Definition of foreseeability
1 : the quality or state of being foreseeable reasonable foreseeability of probable consequences — Gerwin v. Southeastern Cal. Ass'n of Seventh Day Adventists, 14 Cal. App. 3d 209 (1971)
2 : the doctrine especially of tort and contract law that liability is limited to losses that are foreseeable — see also Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad Co.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game