first in, first outadjective
Legal Definition of first in, first out
: being or relating to a method of valuing inventories by which items in the lot first received are assumed to be issued or sold first and requisitions are priced at the cost per item of the oldest lot on hand — compare last in, first out
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game