concerted ac·tiv·i·ty | \ -ak-ˈti-və-tē\
plural concerted activities
Legal Definition of concerted activity
: an employee action (as canvassing other employees) that concerns wages or working conditions of others in addition to the employee and that contemplates group activity
Note: Concerted activities are protected by the National Labor Relations Act and cannot be used as a reason to discharge or discipline an employee.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?