Legal Definition of capital contribution
: a contribution of funds or property to the capital of a business by a partner, owner, or shareholder
Note: Under the Internal Revenue Code, a capital contribution is generally excluded from a company's gross income, unless it is a loan from a shareholder that the company is released from repaying.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game