Legal Definition of bankruptcy court
Note: Bankruptcy courts were created by Congress as part of the 1898 Bankruptcy Act. Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution gives Congress the power to establish “uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States.”
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game