Statute of FraudsLaw
Legal Definition of Statute of Frauds
(Entry 1 of 2)
statute of frauds
Legal Definition of statute of frauds (Entry 2 of 2)
1 often capitalized S&F
Note: There are many statutes of frauds, but use of the term often implies a single entity. This is at least partially due to the great stature of the original law, which represents the general principle that a contract must be in writing to be enforceable.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game