National Credit Union Administration(NCUA)Agency
Legal Definition of National Credit Union Administration
independent agency in the executive branch responsible for chartering, insuring, supervising, and examining federal credit unions. The NCUA grants federal credit union charters to groups sharing a common bond of occupation or association, or to groups within a well-defined neighborhood, community, or rural district. It issues policies and regulations, conducts annual examinations, and maintains a warning system designed to identify problems. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund insures deposits up to $250,000 in federally insured credit unions.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game