International Trade Administration(ITA)Agency
Legal Definition of International Trade Administration
Commerce Department agency charged with overseeing all issues concerning import administration, international economic policy and programs, and trade development. The ITA's Enforcement and Compliance office works to protect American industry from injurious and unfair foreign trade practices, such as commercial dumping or nonpayment of duties, and ensures the proper administration of foreign trade zones. Its Global Markets Unit provides informational and marketing services to the U.S. exporting and international business community.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game