General Sessions Courtnoun
General Ses·sions Court | \ -ˈse-shənz-\
Legal Definition of General Sessions Court
: a court sitting in each county seat in Tennessee and having limited jurisdiction over civil matters and some minor criminal matters
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?