zoom outphrasal verb
zoomed out; zooming out; zooms out
Definition of zoom out
: (of a person) to adjust the lens of a camera or (of a camera) to adjust its lens so that the image seems to be smaller and farther away The photographer zoomed out to get the widest possible view of the scene. The camera zoomed out to show a wider view of the scene.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game