you're kidding (me)idiom
Definition of you're kidding (me)
—used when someone says something surprising or that seems as if it could not be serious or true "He said he lost all the papers you gave him. " "You're kidding me."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game