Definition of you guys
informal : you —used in speech and informal writing to refer to or address two or more people How are things with you guys?Do you guys need anything else?In my imagination I'd go out for drinks with Cord Roberts and Victoria Buchanan, the show's biggest stars. We'd sit in a plush booth at a tony cocktail lounge and they'd lift their frosty glasses in my direction and say, "A toast to David Sedaris! The best writer this show has ever had!" I'd say, "You guys, cut it out."— David SedarisAs the oldest, you are supposed to "know better" than your younger siblings. When you guys get in a fight, you will get yelled at for not being the more mature one.— Jessica Booth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game