Definition of yield gene
: any of a group of complementary genes no one of which has apparent individual effect especially : one that directly or indirectly affects (as by increasing resistance to disease or to drouth) the yield of various field crops
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game