Definition of yellow sigatoka
: a leaf spot disease of bananas caused by an ascomycetous fungus (Mycosphaerella musicola) and marked initially by small yellowish-green streaks usually on the upper surface of the leaf He said most growers were vigilant in controlling yellow sigatoka, but the airborne disease had the potential to “get away” in the wet season. — Julie Lightfoot, Cairns Post (Australia), 10 Feb. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game