variants: or yellow fat disease
Definition of yellow fat
: a disease of young ranched mink probably associated with faulty diet and marked by inflammation of the fatty tissues, subcutaneous edema, and varied visceral lesions
— called also watery hide disease
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?