xen·o·time | \ ˈzenəˌtīm \
Definition of xenotime
: a mineral YPO4 that is a phosphate of yttrium occurring in usually brown or yellow tetragonal crystals and rolled grains and that often also contains thorium, erbium, cerium, or other elements (hardness 4–5, specific gravity 4.45–4.56)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game