Xeno·sau·ri·dae | \ ˌzenəˈsȯrəˌdē\
Definition of Xenosauridae
: a monotypic family of slender-bodied Mexican lizards that is held to be intermediate between Iguanidae and Anguidae and comprises forms with the upper surface covered with minute granules and tubercles
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?