write backphrasal verb
wrote back; written back; writing back; writes back
Definition of write back
: to send someone a letter, e-mail, etc., in response to one that was sent He wrote back (to me) as soon as he got my card. I sent him a letter, but he never wrote me back.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game