:mentally troubled or concerned :feeling or showing concern or anxiety about what is happening or might happen
- I'm not too worried about the weather.
- He was worried sick. [=extremely worried]
- But the technological intrusion of prenatal testing leaves expectant parents more worried than reassured.
- —Ronni Sandroff
- There was an ominous and worried expression on their faces.
- —Jack London
- … his mother was so worried she sent for the doctor.
- —E. B. White
"Well, what did you think when you heard the news?" Jimmy asked us worriedly.
—Bobbie Ann Mason
… Roy thought it was from a snakebite, and worriedly glanced around.