work and twistverb
variants: or work and whirl
Definition of work and twist
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to print by the work-and-twist method
variants: or work-and-whirl \ ˈ⸗⸗ˈ⸗ \
Definition of work-and-twist (Entry 2 of 2)
: involving a method whereby a sheet is printed twice on the same side from a two-up form by reversing the sheet when feeding the second time so that the part already printed by the first section of the form will be printed by the second section and vice versa
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game