Definition of without fail
1 —used to stress that something always happens Every day, without fail, he has toast and coffee for breakfast.
2 —used to stress that something will definitely happen She promised that she would be there without fail.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game