Definition of with numbers
—used with adjectives such as bad, good, etc., to indicate someone's ability at using numbers (such as for adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) Ask her to do the books, since she's good with numbers.I've always been lousy with numbers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game