Definition of winter melon
1 : any of several muskmelons (such as a casaba or honeydew melon) that are fruits of a cultivated vine (Cucumis melo indorus)
2 : a large white-fleshed melon that is the fruit of an Asian vine (Benincasa hispida) and is used especially in Chinese cooking
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game