Definition of will do
1 : to provide what is needed : satisfy a need I don't need any more cake, thank you. One piece will do (for me). I'd prefer to use glue, but tape will do.
2 —used as an informal way of saying that one will be able to do something one is asked to do to "Can you finish it by tomorrow?" "Sure, boss, will do!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game