Definition of will do
1 : to provide what is needed : satisfy a need I don't need any more cake, thank you. One piece will do (for me). I'd prefer to use glue, but tape will do.
2 —used as an informal way of saying that one will be able to do something one is asked to do to "Can you finish it by tomorrow?" "Sure, boss, will do!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?