Definition of whole-length
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : carried to the full or natural extent : not curtailed or abbreviated : unabridged a whole-length analysis
2 : having, accommodating, or representing the full height of the human figure : not proportionately reduced or foreshortened a whole-length mirror a whole-length portrait a whole-length statue
Definition of whole-length (Entry 2 of 2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game