Definition of white precipitate
: either of two mercury-ammonia compounds:
b : a crystalline compound Hg(NH3)2Cl2 usually obtained by adding a solution of mercuric chloride to a hot solution of ammonia and ammonium chloride
— called also fusible white precipitate
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game