Definition of white metal
1 : any of several light-colored alloys used especially as a base for plated silverware and ornaments and novelties
2 : any of several lead-base or tin-base alloys (such as babbitt) used especially for bearings, fusible plugs, and type metal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?