Definition of gunmetal
1 : a metal used for guns specifically : a bronze formerly much used as a material for cannon
2 : an alloy or metal treated to imitate nearly black tarnished copper-alloy gunmetal
3 : a bluish-gray color
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game