Definition of white meat
: meat that comes from the breast or other thick parts of a chicken, turkey, etc., and that is lighter in color than the other parts when cooked also : meat (such as pork) that is lighter in color than beef when cooked
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game