what makes (someone) tickidiom
Definition of what makes (someone) tick
: the things that cause someone to behave a certain way : the feelings, opinions, concerns, etc., that are parts of someone's personality I've always wondered what makes people like that tick.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?