weigh outphrasal verb
weighed out; weighing out; weighs out
Definition of weigh out
: to measure and remove a certain weight of (something) : to separate (a portion of something that weighs a certain amount) Would you weigh out 20 pounds of rice? I weighed the portions out and distributed them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game