weigh outphrasal verb
weighed out; weighing out; weighs out
Definition of weigh out
: to measure and remove a certain weight of (something) : to separate (a portion of something that weighs a certain amount) Would you weigh out 20 pounds of rice? I weighed the portions out and distributed them.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game