weed outphrasal verb
weeded out; weeding out; weeds out
Definition of weed out
: to remove (people or things that are not wanted) from a group They will review the applications to weed out the less qualified candidates.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game